Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has announced an ambitious SOLAR target of 1,00,000 MW installed capacity by 2022. 40,000 MW Solar PV systems are to be installed on Indian rooftops. 340 – 500 MW capacity plants have already being installed across the country.
Key features of Solar rooftop:
- Maximum 30% subsidy by government for General category states
- Maximum 70% subsidy for special category states (North-eastern states, J&K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Lakshadweep, Andaman Islands)
- Primarily for captive consumption and surplus power can be fed into the grid using Net metering method
- Cities across India will be covered under this scheme
- Developers are selected through a competitive process.